Friday, March 19, 2010

Share Your Recipe Friday Link Up! 3/19

Since it's Lent, I am posting a recipe that I'm making for dinner. Feel free to link your recipe and grab my button on the right side. I'll be hosting the Share Your Recipe Friday every week so be sure to come back each week and share. Thanks! I adapted this recipe from allrecipes.com. Click the link for the actual recipe or if you need to alter the serving. The site will allow you to add more servings or less if needed.


Garlic and Lime Shrimp

Prep Time: 15-30 Min        Cook Time: 4-5 Min       Ready In: 20-35 Min


Serves: 4 

Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
  • Chopped fresh cilantro or parsley (optional)
Directions
  1. Combine shrimp, lime juice, 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, garlic and salt in large bowl or place it all into a freezer bag. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
  2. Remove shrimp from marinade. Place shrimp in a steamer bag and add a small amount to the marinade back into the steamer bag with a few slices of lime. Steam in the microwave on high for 4 to 4 1/2 minutes. Shrimp should be pink.
  3. Sprinkle with cilantro or parsley.
  4. Serve over rice, Spanish or white

4 others said so!:

Tracy 3/20/2010  

Your recipe looks great! I have never cooked shrimp before.

Patty (Mummatutu) 3/21/2010  

cooking shrimp in a steamer bag has to be the easiest thing I have ever done. 3.5-4 minutes and it's done!

Tracy 3/26/2010  

Here is my recipe for Chicken in the Red Sauce! Hope you like it!
http://thedailymomdiaries.blogspot.com/2010/03/chicken-in-red-sauce-recipe.html

Patty (Mummatutu) 3/27/2010  

thanks Tracy... I've not been able to get to blogging this weeks a lot of changes in my life right now I'll be posting an update soon!