Friday, March 5, 2010

A New Follow Posting! Share Your Recipe Friday!

I have been on a weight loss plan since January 4th and have found some really wonderful recipes (most by accident).  So, I've been thinking, "Why not start a new follow posting for Fridays and share my recipes?"  I've decided to call the follow - Share Your Recipe Friday and created a button for it.



Share Your Recipe Friday!

Here is my first recipe posting, I hope you like it! Add your link in a comment!
  • No Points Vegetable Soup 
    • Ingredients:
      • 10 oz baby spinach leaves
      • 2 medium carrots chopped
      • 2 medium celery ribs chopped
      • 1 large onion chopped
      • 1 medium garlic clove minced (I use jar garlic - 1/2 tbsp) 
      • 4-8 cups vegetable stock (depending on how soupy you would like it)
      • 6 large tomatoes diced or (1) 28 oz canned diced tomatoes or 28 oz of canned tomatoes and chili's mixed (if you like spicy food)
      • 2 bay leaves
      • 1 tbsp dried basil
      • 1 tsp dried oregano
      • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
    • Add prepared ingredients in large pot, bring to boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer, partly covered at least 10 minutes. I simmered it for about 30 minutes.

2 others said so!:

Tracy 3/15/2010  

This looks really good! I'm going to have to try this one out! I promise on Friday, I will post a great recipe and I'm going to grab your button for my blog right now!!
Have a great night :O)
Tracy
http://thedailymomdiaries.blogspot.com/

Patty (Mummatutu) 3/16/2010  

Tracy, it is DELICIOUS.... I'm actually getting the ingredients tomorrow to make it again! I love it!