Saturday, July 3, 2010

NOW Pampers is trying to "Imitate" Cloth Diaper Adorableness...

I found this article while searching around the internet today:

Pampers & Cynthia Rowley Partner on the First 'Designed' Diaper

I especially "love" this statement from the "designer":

"As a mom, I wanted other moms and dads to have more options in every part of their lives -- even diapers," said Rowley. "It's the first piece of clothing your baby will ever wear, and it should be special."

Again I REPEAT, "It's the first piece of CLOTHING your baby will ever wear..."

Since when has plastic and disposable CLOTHING become acceptable? I mean really, I don't wear disposable underwear. Do you? I don't toss my clothing in the trash once it is soiled with dirt, food or sweat. Do you? We even wash our baby bibs, right? Baby bibs that are also covered in bodily functions.  Vomit, spit up, half masticated food, drool and sometimes "snot"! Why is washing a diaper so different?  As the designer stated, "First piece of clothing".  Hmmmm, just a little more ammunition for my cloth diapering Mommy friends to use.  Even the designer is stating that diapers are clothing... cloth - ing!

0 others said so!: