Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Dip in the Woods!

The brave Xavier
Today I took my kids to a place I haven't been to since I was about 7 years old.  The beach at Lincoln Woods. I don't remember the place being so nice.  I believe my brother was a park ranger there when I was a kid so, my sister-in-law (well, she was my brother's girlfriend at the time) use to take me and my sister there a lot.  I think I remember going with my parents too for picnics and cook-outs.  They have some camp sites that surround a large lake.  


The kids loved it.  We met up with a friend and her son.  They played in the sand, made mud puddles near the shore and tried to get buckets of water to form rivers to the water.  It was such a blast, my son asked if we could go back again tomorrow! LOL! I'm sure we will be going there much more during the rest of the summer because well, after all, the price is right. Free! 


We took along a small lunch to eat on the beach and watched as some seagulls and ducks attempted to steal the sandwiches right out of another families lunch pack.  Smart little creatures.  How they knew that container had food in it is beyond me.  But, that crazy seagull went right for the wrapped up sandwich!


Addy digging in the sand
The best part about the beach is SHADE! Can you believe it? A fun beach with tree shade right next to the shore.  I am not a sun person and rather detest sitting out on the beach in the sun.  It makes me rather cranky. This place, wonderful! We sat in the shade almost the entire time.  Addy was able to dig in the sand without being exposed to direct sunlight and it also made a perfect place for a picnic lunch! We will surely be back there again VERY soon!






1 others said so!:

Tracy 8/11/2010  

That looks like so much fun :O)